Tuesday 31 March 2009

Stationery poetry

All of my life, I've been using notebooks which always say a single sentence at the back. 'Až dosloužím, chci do sběru.' This simple line has been accompanying me throughout the childhood, every day at school. It was a source of great excitement when I first managed to read it. Later on, I was trying to add, erase or modify letters to give it a funny meaning. When that passed, I simply ignored the sentence, not even noticing it at the back. There's only so much one can do with a simple sentence like that.

I can only be jealous of the children here in Taiwan. Notebooks and other stationery inevitably carry a piece of poetry at the front page. Some of these are undisputable masterpieces. Here's a selection for your pleasure:

Good times are sharing with friends...
I had a beautiful day.

Journey of a paper plane
under the blue sky
riding on a pleasant mind.

Let's listen the message
of ocean plants and animals.
You will be able to meet nice pals.
They are always humorous.

Where are the dreams that we once had?
This is the time to bring them back.
Do we forget or forgive?
There's a whole other life waiting to be lived.

I'll say goodbye... to all my vexation
and by tomorrow i'll
ride my motorcycle
on my way.
Let me take you far
away on a vacation.
Sunshine on my shoulders
makes me happy.

And my personal favorite:

A popular bear, boy bear
lives with his many friends
in an old toy shop in fairyland.


- this one is accompanied by a picture of a teddy bear, who says: "Never say die."

No comments: